Do I Need an Immigration Attorney?
Sonia Mann, Attorney at Parikh Law Group
Immigration can be a long and complicated process, and it can be challenging for many people to navigate the complex laws and regulations on your own. Language barriers, cultural considerations, and complex international politics can make the process prolonged and difficult. This is why having an immigration attorney with knowledge and experience can make a difference in the outcome of your immigration matter.
Immigration lawyers are trained and experienced to provide legal assistance and representation to individuals and families seeking to immigrate to the United States. In this article, we will explore what immigration lawyers actually do and how Parikh Law Group’s immigration attorneys can help.
What Do Immigration Lawyers Do?
Immigration lawyers help people navigate the complex process of obtaining visas, green cards, and citizenship. They work with clients to understand their unique circumstances and help them achieve their immigration goals. The following are some of the services that immigration lawyers typically provide:
- Visa and Green Card Applications: Immigration lawyers can assist clients with the process of applying for visas or green cards. They can provide guidance on the type of visa or green card that is most appropriate for the client to apply for given their unique situation, help obtain requisite documentation and complete the necessary paperwork, and ensure all other requirements are met. If an issue arises, an immigration attorney will have the experience and skills needed to know how to appropriately respond, increasing the chances of a better outcome.
- Immigration Appeals: If a visa or green card application is denied, an immigration attorney can help file an appeal or a motion to reopen the case. They can help clients understand their legal options and develop a strategy to pursue their claims.
- Deportation Defense: If a person faces deportation, an immigration lawyer can provide legal representation and help them understand their rights. They can file motions to reopen the case, request a stay of removal, and represent the client in immigration court.
- Citizenship: Immigration attorneys can help clients with the process of becoming U.S. citizens. They help clients understand the specific nuances and requirements for naturalization, prepare the necessary paperwork, and can provide representation and guidance to them regarding their civics exams and naturalization interviews.
- Employment-Based Immigration: Immigration lawyers can assist employers sponsor foreign workers for visas or green cards in a number of visa categories. They can advise on the appropriate visa or green card based upon the employment type, complete the necessary paperwork and other related documents, and ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
Whether you are seeking family-based immigration, deportation defense, or employment-based immigration, the Parikh Law Group can provide the legal support you need to achieve your goals.
How Parikh Law Group Can Help
Parikh Law Group has a team of experienced immigration lawyers who serve clients all across the United States and world. We understand the complexities of the immigration system and are dedicated to helping our clients achieve their immigration goals.
We can help families navigate the process of obtaining visas or green cards for family members. We can help with petitions for spouses, children, parents, and siblings and ensure that all requirements are met.
We can file motions to reopen rejected matters, request a stay of removal, and represent clients in immigration court if needed.
Suppose you seek employment or are an employer sponsoring foreign workers for visas or green cards. Our attorneys can advise on the appropriate visa or green card category, prepare the necessary paperwork, and ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
If you are applying to become a U.S. citizen, we can provide you with sound legal advice so that you understand the requirements for naturalization, prepare and submit the necessary paperwork on your behalf, and provide necessary representation and continued guidance for the duration of the process.
A denial of your immigration application is not the end. We have assisted thousands of clients who have received denials, for instance, on visa or green card applications. We can file appeals or motions to reopen cases and have represented clients in administrative or judicial proceedings to achieve better outcomes.
Immigration lawyers provide a range of legal services to help individuals and families navigate the complex process of immigrating to the United States. If you or someone you know needs legal assistance with immigration matters, contact the immigration attorneys at the Parikh Law Group for a consultation. We serve all 50 states for immigration-related matters.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.